Thursday, April 30, 2009

Abby wants to go raiding

Yes you can laugh... I named the new brain for the computer Abby, while the computer's new designation overall is Wing Zero (going with the pattern of naming my electronics after Gundams). I got her up and running and she's doing fine... I even got my addons to work again... just in time for the invites to begin flying.

Started a few days after I got back online, a friend from the was calling me in to fill a spot in a 25 Naxx group. I hadn't been raiding seriously for months, stopped sometime around August last year due to the wonders of RL and hadn't been in the saddle since... but you never forget how to ride that horse do you?

That was just the start... a guildie has been getting me into heroics and working on gear, going to BT every once and a while for the hell of it... all that's left on the Outland Raider achievement is the damn Sun Well... and one of my guild mates put together a 10 Naxx man run for us and well... I can't say no to guild runs, and I wanted to see what it looked like slightly less insane (and where I didn't feel like some scrub my gear blows) run of Naxx.

Well I'm beyond proud to say that has managed to do some serious work in Naxx and for our first trip in we nailed the following... in ONE SHOT!
Anub'Rekhan
Grand Widdow Faerilna
Maexxna
Gothik the Harvester
The Four Horsemen

Instructor Razuvious gave us hell and 3 attempts later the bastard was dead.

Our second night yielded the following one shots
Noth the Plaguebringer
Heigan the Unclean ( 4/9 survived the attempt)
Loatheb
Patchwerk (after watching him NAIL our Guild Leader in one hit - Battle Rezed and he went right back in swingin, managed to recover and get him down with 2 min to spare)

and our 3 shot for the night was that damn bastard Grobbulus... we'll get you next time ya bastard!

Last night we began run two, clearing Spider Wing in 1 shot, no deaths and some sadly DE-ed rogue gear... actually we got a lot of one hander sweet dps items and if they drop next time I might give up my staff of trickery for some pointy objects and hit enchants. Plague wing gave us some issues but we again 1 shot each boss for a clear, 4/10 survived the dance. And we 1 shot Patchwerk with no deaths and barely avoided the rage timer.

I mention all of this because its terrably exciting to me and I am so proud of my guild. We're very laid back, open and goofy bunch of people who really rather have fun than be serious and remember its a game not a job... a lot of us are burnt out raiders actually but when the bug bites it bites hard and in this case widely.

We're hoping to hit up MC after mother's day as a guild and two nights ago cleared Kara as a guild after a meeting which was a lot of fun. We've been slowly training people who are used to one aspect of the game, or new to instancing and group work, to things they are unfamiliar with. I think I'll be working on my DK tanking (as I ended up Off tanking and actually tanking a few Kara bosses.... its weird standing up front) so if anyone has suggestions on builds and gear Irulain of Moon Guard is all ears.

Also working on my rep and cash... Aliha is broke again and in need of her epic flying skill. The DK and Pally are both in need of cold weather, epic flying and dual spec set ups... and my Warlock Horde side just hit Outlands, as my mini hunter alliance side prepares to travel back to his home land. Both need epic riding...

And then there's the Holiday events too... Aliha has her Noble title and stars in heaven I'm never doing this holiday again... 3 hours camping a bush as a pink rabbit with a towering red ravenger hissing and spitting at any passers by to camp 4 spawn points was silly and dumb but... sadly fun. She doesn't even want to look at another piece of chocolate or an egg and one more set of bunny ears and she'll tweak out. Bad enough the sound of rabbits laying eggs makes her twitch. She did though finally see that bastard Zul'jin eat dirt as a rabbit for a few seconds after nailing Kara, Gruul's, Mag's and finally ZA in one night, followed of course last night with Naxx. The last time she was in there she beat him with her sonic spear down to 3% health with a shadow priest healing in the hope the two could down him as the rest of the raid lay dead at his feet... its good to see a foe dead, though bitter since she's far more powerful than she was then...

Goals for the next two weeks:
  • Children's Week with Aliha, Irulain, Jadira, Oboro and Dawnqui (never did this horde side)
  • Try and set up more training runs and maybe see if I can get a group of folks who want to knock out the Outland normal and Heroic dungeon acheivements.
  • Abuse the heck out of the new addon: Bookworm... it saves any books you read so you can actually read them later or whenever you want! It makes long flights interesting at least.
  • Also in the process of getting Aliha and Jadira the [Well Read] achievements. Irulain got it this morning...early morning... because she is a book worm behind that icy exterior...
  • Gather mats for Naxx raiding on Saturday, poke Lemmings to see if they need me for 25 man
  • Do Dailies..... at some point
  • Sleep... maybe

Today's post is really more of an in game update I guess, or a rant. Haven't been sleeping well so I'm a bit jittery. Having a lot of fun though and proud of the things I've done so far. We have some events to plan for the guild (we being the officer team) and hope to spend Sundays and Tuesdays offering the 80's help and expertiese to the lower level members of the guild.

I also intend to get an interview done with Irulain or Jadira soon... so I hope you look forward to that.

-xoxo
Farstrider

No comments:

Post a Comment